About Transportation Payment Operations
The DFAS Transportation Pay Operation is committed to providing high quality, accurate and timely payments and financial service reports to transportation providers servicing the Department of Defense.
- Air Force
- Department of Defense Agencies
- Transportation Service Providers (TSP)
System for Award Management
All Department of Defense vendors are required to register in the System for Award Management (SAM) website as the first step toward obtaining a contract. This requirement became effective in 1998 for all transactions and was supplemented by the Debt Collection Act which requires all payments for Federal contracts to be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Payment of Personal Property and Freight Bills of Lading (BOL)
- Payment of carrier vendor invoices
- Maintain records of accounts payable
- Settle loss and damage claims for worldwide government freight shipments
- Establish debts relating to personal property shipments that exceed authorized entitlement
- Administer transportation prepayment audit contracts.
Electronic Document Access (EDA)
EDA is a website for querying and viewing documents, modifications, and remittances.
Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS)
As an equal opportunity employer, the Director of Transportation Payment Operations employs numerous hearing impaired individuals. This can pose communication challenges to your business association with us. We ask your staff to please use the FIRS, when you are attempting to resolve billing information with one of our hearing impaired employees
Do-It-Yourself-Moves (DITY) questions are handled by DFAS Rome. Customers with questions on DITY moves can contact DFAS Rome Customer Service at 1-800-553-0527.