Contractor/Vendors Tax Information
Message from the DFAS ESS Tax Office – COVID-19
The ESS Tax Office remains operational, but we ask during this time you refrain from mailing correspondence. Instead, the preferred way to correspond with the tax office is via email at email@example.com. If you have documents these can be scanned and attached to the email correspondence. Emailing is the quickest and most efficient way to submit your documentation at this time.
Vendor Pay Tax Statements
Requesting Access to Tax Statements in myInvoice.pdf
DOD Guidebook for Miscellaneous Payments
How to Contact the Tax Office:
If you received an IRS Form 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-C, or a W-2 from DFAS and have questions, you may contact us using one of these methods:
- Email your inquiry to the email address shown in the box at the top right corner of the 1099 form. If the form was issued by DFAS CO Tax Office – JJFKCA please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the account number and other pertinent information from the form.
- If you received an IRS Form W-2 for a payment made on a STUDENT LOAN (not payroll/salary or other employee payments) and have a question/issue send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include: the payer’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) shown on the W-2; your Social Security Number (SSN); a copy of the W-2 in question; your phone number; time zone for where you are located and the best time to reach you; and your email address.
- Write to us at the address below and include the data shown in the paragraph above:
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
P. O. Box 182317
DFAS CO Tax Office – JJFKCA
Columbus, OH 43218-2317
- Fax your inquiry to 614-701-2511 and include the data shown in the paragraph above.
Due to the current Privacy Act laws, if the request is from a third party it must be accompanied by a power of attorney.
Please allow up to 7-10 business days for a response.