Army Active Duty PCS

Defense Finance
and Accounting Service
Providing payment services of the U.S. Department of Defense

Vouchers received January 13 are being processed for payment today (allow 3-5 business days for payment to post in your financial institution account).

Travel vouchers are processed in the order they are received.

Check Voucher Status

The tool works best with Internet Explorer. For users with Firefox or Chrome, click here for more information. The tool does not work with Safari.

Check the status of your voucher with the  Online Payment Status Tool. or contact the Customer Care Center 1-888-332-7411

Steps in the Voucher Payment Process

Claim Submission

DFAS processes Military PCS vouchers for Army Military Members only.

All other services, please contact your finance office for travel pay assistance.

Travel Voucher Direct

Upload your travel voucher and supporting documents online!
Travel Voucher Direct is available for all travel claims computed and paid by DFAS.


 Claim Submission:

Advance Submissions:

VIP Submissions:



Attn: Travel Pay, MilPCS

325 Brooks Road

Rome, NY 13441

Advances for Active Duty Service Members

Advance travel payments may be authorized for the below entitlements if the Member is not a Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) holder or an advance is not specifically prohibited in the orders.

If an Army member is a card holder,  an advance travel payment may only be authorized for DLA.   The GTCC must be used for all other PCS travel expenses.  For additional information, please see this memo.

PCS Entitlements for Active Military Service Members

When completing a PCS move, you will in-process with your local Defense Military Pay Office (DMPO) who will help answer any of your entitlement questions.

Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation (MALT)
Plus (Per Diem)
Temporary Lodging Expense
Dislocation Allowance
Personally Procured Moves
Dependent Travel 
Advance Payments

PCS Entitlements for Separating or Retiring Military Service Members

Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation (MALT)
Plus (Per Diem)
Dependent Travel
Personally Procured Moves (PPM)
Advance Payments

Per Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), we cannot process your travel voucher until the date you are placed on the retirement list or the discharge date on your mlitary orders.

Form Completion

Make sure your claim is complete and correct before you send it in!  If you include a valid e-mail address in box 6e of your DD1351-2, we will send you updates.  Don’t forget to keep a copy of your submission.

Follow these tips:

  1. Use SmartVoucher – This guides you step-by-step through a series of questions and upon completion, it will generate a completed DD Form 1351-2 travel voucher.
  2. Follow the How to Complete the DD1351-2 Guide
  3. Use the Military Permanent Change of Station or Separating/ Retiring from the Military checklist to make sure you complete all the required information.
  4. Review your specific entitlement under the "PCS Entitlements" above.

Link here to access all the necessary forms for your Military PCS

ATTENTION customers submitting casualty PCS travel vouchers:

Submit your travel voucher packages to

or mail to:
     DFAS-IN/Casualty Travel (JFA)
     8899 E. 56th St.
     Indianapolis, IN  46249

Have DTS questions? Click here

Page updated January 24, 2020