Army Temporary Duty (TDY) Active, Reserve, and National Guard Service Selection

Service Status Selection

Select your service status to find the required information needed before, during, and after your travel.

U.S. Army Seal with eagle and green background.

Select if you're Army Active Duty and directed to go TDY.

U.S. Army Reserve Seal with blue background and gold lettering, and gold soldier.

Select if you're an Army Reservist called to Active Duty and directed to go on a TDY.

U.S. Army National Guard Seal With light blue background and minute man soldier.

Select if you're a Army National Guard Member called to Active Duty and directed to go on a TDY.

Decorative divider with a blue line on each side of 5 gold stars.


If you are a Military Dependent, Civilian Employee not on TDY orders or a Civilian dependent, and ordered or authorized to evacuate due to an emergency or event beyond your control, this page will assist in claiming travel related expenses incurred during your evacuation and after arrival at your safe haven location, visit Evacuees.

Who Can Claim Evacuation Allowances?

Service members are not considered evacuees. A Service member who is ordered to depart an area being evacuated will be on temporary duty (TDY) or permanent change of station (PCS) status.

In certain circumstances, DFAS will process evacuation claims for the following individuals:

  • Army Member Dependents
  • Army Civilian Employees
  • Defense Agency Civilian Employees
  • Army and Defense Agency Civilian Employees Dependents
  • Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Employees
  • Commander Naval Installation Command (CNIC)

Return to the Army TDY Homepage

Page Updated Dec 2, 2023