Advances for Active Duty Service Members

Advance travel payments may be authorized for the below entitlements if the Member is not a Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) holder or an advance is not specifically prohibited in the orders.

If an Army member is a card holder, an advance travel payment may only be authorized for DLA..

Entitlement % Advanced Authorized Issue Date

Enroute Travel

80% No sooner than 10 days prior to sign-out date in Box 6 on DFAS Form 9114

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

100% No sooner than 30 days prior to sign-out date in Box 6 on DFAS Form 9114

Personally Procured Moves (PPM) 

60% No sooner than 45 days prior to pick-up date in Box 8b on DD2278

Advances are paid via Electronic Fund Transfer.  Please submit copy of voided check or SF1199A with your advance request.  You must submit your travel claim within 5 days of arriving at your new duty location.  All advance payments must be annotated in block 9 on DD1351-2.  Failure to do so may result in a debt to the government and possibly payroll deductions.

Page updated April 28, 2022