Quick Tools

Forms Library

Customer Service

M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET

Important Changes If You Pay SBP/RCSBP Monthly Premiums Direct Through Treasury CRS

Some retirees need to pay monthly Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) or Reserve Component Survivor Benefit Plan (RCSBP) premiums directly because their VA disability pay offsets their retired pay. We call that direct remittance.
Most of these payments are handled by the U.S. Department of Treasury Centralized Receivables Service (CRS), where retirees can make their payments online, or using their bank’s bill payment service or through the mail. 
Recently, CRS changed their payment processes and their customer service phone number. These changes were communicated on the monthly statement CRS mails to the retirees.

CRS NEW Customer Service Phone Number: 1-888-618-3104

New CRS Payment Processes
Retirees now need a specific invoice number for each month to pay their SBP premiums online at the CRS Guest Payment website. The invoice number changes each month.
If you are a retiree that pays SBP premiums via CRS and you do not receive mailed invoices, you may need to update your mailing address with DFAS. With the recent changes, CRS no longer sends emails regarding pending bills.
Retirees must contact DFAS Retired & Annuitant Pay to update their mailing address to update both the DFAS and CRS records.
Updating contact information in DEERS does not update information in the DFAS or CRS systems.

Update Your Mailing Address
The quickest and easiest way to update your mailing address is to use myPay: https://mypay.dfas.mil.  If you have trouble logging in to myPay, check the troubleshooting instructions on the Using myPay webpage or call 888-332-7411.
Retirees can use our convenient online form to update your mailing address. You must answer identity security questions to have your request processed. 
Complete a Retiree Change of Address/State Tax Withholding Request using the DD Form 2866. The form is available on our Forms Library webpage: https://www.dfas.mil/raforms
Mail the form to:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1200

Or Fax to: 800-469-6559

If You Have Questions About Your SBP Coverage
Please contact the DFAS Customer Care Center at 1-800-321-1080.
If You Have Questions About CRS Payments
Please contact CRS at 1-888-618-3104.

Page Updated Dec 20 2023