Quick Tools

Forms Library

Customer Service

M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET

Direct Deposit Bank Account Changes

Follow these steps to avoid missing or incorrect payments!
If you’ve switched bank accounts and need to have your pay deposited to your new account, you can make the change online or by mail.
Either way, please follow these two tips to avoid disruptions in pay:
  1. Only close your old bank account AFTER you have received one monthly payment to your NEW account.
  2. Please allow 30 – 45 days for the change to take affect across all our systems.


The quickest and easiest way to change your direct deposit bank account is myPay, the official online account management system for military members and retirees. 
Login at https://mypay.dfas.mil and click “Direct Deposit” on the Main Menu.


If you can’t use myPay, send your new bank account information using this Fast Start Direct Deposit Form to:
Mail to:
Defense Finance & Accounting Service        
US Military Retired Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1200
Or fax to: 1-800-469-6559
Mail to:
Defense Finance & Accounting Service
US Military Annuitant Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1300
Or fax to: 1-800-982-8459