Top errors on vouchers, DD Form 1351-2
Submitting incomplete or inaccurate travel vouchers can prevent you from receiving all payments you are entitled to. Avoid the following common errors:
- 1351-2 Incomplete
- 1351-2 Missing
- Orders Missing (original order – all pages and all amendments must be submitted)
- Traveler Signature Missing/illegible on 1351-2 block 20a or 20b
- Orders missing: Original and all amendments must be included, In addition, the official stamp must be present which is commonly on last page of the orders
- Traveler signed before MC date (claimant signature must be on or after MC date)
- 1351-2 Itinerary dates illegible
- SSN on 1351-2 does not match SSN orders
- Travel occurred outside authorized dates on orders
Don’t throw out that receipt just yet, but if you did – we can help!
Did you return from a TDY and discover that you have misplaced an important receipt needed to properly file your Travel Voucher?
Completing a Statement In Lieu of Lodging or Statement in Lieu of Actual Receipts can allow you to be reimbursed for your TDY expenses, even if you lost your original receipt. In the event that you lost your original receipt, complete the appropriate statement in lieu of form and submit with your DD1351-2.
Page updated August 14, 2020