Army Reserve & Guard

Payment Procedure 

1. Troop Program Unit (TPU) Reservists and Guard members in a pay or non-pay status accumulate debts for unpaid SGLI premiums on their Defense Joint Military Pay System - Reserve Component Master Military Pay Account (DJMS-RC MMPA).   TPU Reserve or National Guard Soldiers with a DFAS Debt Notice (or an SGLI Debt reflected on their LES) must contact their Chain of Command for resolution or to pay premiums by mail, send check or money order to:

DFAS-IN Disbursing Operations
Attn:  Collection Department 3292
8899 E. 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN  46249

Check or money order should be clearly marked “SGLI payment” and made payable to the "U.S. Treasury", and must include Soldier's full Social Security number.

NOTE:  National Guard members that are "Attached" and "Drilling for Points Only" should reach out to the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) in their State. Each State, Territory and the District of Columbia has a USPFO and a Military Pay Section that they can contact directly. USPFO's can be easily found on the internet. Members should make a check out to the "US Treasury" for the amount of the premium due and send it to their USPFO, ATTN: Check Control Officer, at the address provided by their State.

2. For Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) or Individual Mobilization Augmentation (IMA) Soldiers that are "Attached" and "Drilling for Points Only", HRC will send out individual billing notices. Soldiers in this category are required to send their payments to the address below (which will be reflected in future HRC SGLI notices):

U.S. Army Human Resources Command
Special Compensation Branch/ SGLI
1600 Spearhead Division Ave Dept. 420
Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402

Forms of acceptable payment is limited to a personal check (includes Cashier's Check) or money order and be made payable to "Collection Agent, DSSN 5570".  It should be clearly marked "SGLI payment" and contain Soldier's full Social Security number.


  1. HRC does not have visibility of SGLI records/information for TPU or NG Soldiers that will permit the tracking/posting of SGLI payments.
  2. HRC cannot process payments for Reserve Troop Program Unit (TPU) Soldiers. They must contact their unit S1 or higher headquarters (US Army Reserve Command (USARC).
  3. HRC cannot process payments for the National Guard (NG).  They must contact the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) for the state in which they serve. 
  4. Soldiers that have received a DFAS Debt Notice or Debt is reflected on their LES, must contact DFAS for resolution of debt.  

For coverage status and premium payment inquiries, call 888 276 9472 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday thru Friday, or Email: USARMY.KNOX.HRC.MBX.TAGD-SGLI@MAIL.MIL.