|Civilian Relocation Voucher Guide (Under Revision)||Civilian Relocation Checklist||Frequently Asked Questions||eTutorial YouTube Video Series|
Unexpired Lease (UEL)
Unexpired Lease reimbursement is authorized for expenses incurred due to the early termination of a lease agreement. The UEL allowance is in lieu of a Real Estate sale reimbursement.
***Unexpired Lease Reimbursements are taxable. ***
Things you need to know:
- Unexpired lease is in lieu of Sale of a Residence at the OLD DUTY STATION.
- Reimbursement is limited to expenses charged due to terminating the lease early. Fees that would be applied at the conclusion of a lease are not reimbursable (example: painting and cleaning fees).
- Reimbursement is prorated when the lease is not in the name of the employee and/or their dependent.
- An advance is not authorized on an Unexpired Lease reimbursement.
Voucher Submission for Unexpired Lease
- DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher/Sub Voucher) – Be sure to review the Civilian Relocation Travel Voucher Guide and the Civilian relocation DD Form 1351-2 Voucher checklist.
- DD Form 1614 (Travel Authorization/Orders) with all amendments.
- Copy of the original lease signed by the employee and tenant and all renewal agreements and addendums.
- Copy of the Notification of Intent to vacate that was provided to the landlord.
- Copy of the letter form the landlord accepting the terms to vacate.
- Signed statement providing the exact date the apartment was vacated.
- Paid in full, itemized receipt/ledger from the landlord showing lease termination fees.
- Include Direct Deposit Form SF1199A
Page updated November 30, 2018