Out of Service Debt

If you have an uncollected debt and leave federal service, the payroll office is required to pursue the debt’s collection.

If you are retired from federal service, the debt will be transferred to the Office of Personnel Management for collection from your annuity.

If you no longer work for the federal government, the debt will be transferred to the Debt and Claims Management Office for collection.

For Civilian Pay questions, please contact your Customer Service Representative (CSR). Contact your immediate supervisor for more details.

Page Updated November 10, 2016