Getting Your 1099-R
Retirees and Annuitants: 2022 Tax Year Statements
2022 tax statements for annuitants are available in myPay as of Dec. 15, 2022.
2022 tax statements for retirees are available in myPay as of Dec. 15, 2022.
2022 tax statements for former spousesare available in myPay as of Dec. 15, 2022.
Tax statements sent through the U.S. Postal Service have been mailed. In many cases, the electronic online forms are available through myPay (https://mypay.dfas.mil) much earlier and more securely than those sent to customers electing delivery by mail.
1099-R Reissues can be sent beginning February 10, 2023. Please see the convenient options for getting a 1099-R reissue: https://dvidshub.net/r/8bu5qm
Military retirees and annuitants receive a 1099-R tax statement either electronically via myPay or as a paper copy in the mail each year. Members can also request additional copies of their 1099-R tax statements in several different ways.
Click on any of the following links to learn more about your options on requesting a 1099-R.
- myPay: myPay is your fastest and most secure option to obtain a copy of your 1099R and to manage your retirement account every day. Login to myPay, and print your 1099R out in the comfort of your own home.
- Telephone Self-Service: Not a myPay user yet? No need to wait on the phone, use a computer or speak to anyone. Telephone self service requests are sent to your current address of record in 7-10 business days.
- Ask DFAS: Need to update your mailing address and have your 1099R resent? Submit a request to one of our customer care representatives through the internet. You can request your 1099R sent to your address of record or to a one-time, seasonal address. You can also update your mailing address permanently using a separate online form. Your 1099R will be in the mail to you within 7 to 10 business days.
- Written Request: Do you prefer traditional mail? Send us a written request by fax or mail, but make sure you leave us time to reply. It may take us 30 to 60 days to process requests received by this means.
- Call Us: Members with unique situations can speak directly to one of your customer care representatives. Depending on call volume, you may have to wait on hold while we assist other customers.
Getting a 1042-S
If you receive a Form 1042-S instead of a Form 1099-R, call 800-321-1080 for assistance.
Page updated February 16, 2023