Quick Tools

Forms Library

Customer Service

M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET

Correspondence in Languages Other Than English

DFAS Retired and Annuitant (R&A) Pay cannot translate or respond to documents written in languages other than English. So we can process or reply to your request, please:

  1. Submit all written requests in English or include a certified translation of your written request.
  2. Provide a certified translation of any additional documents you send with your request. This includes but is not limited to birth certificates, marriage certificates and death certificates.

A certified translation can often be obtained through a United States embassy or nearby United States military base. The translation must be stamped with the certified translator’s seal. The certified translator should supply a line-by-line English translation of your original documents.

Once you have obtained translations of all correspondence and documents, your request can be submitted to us.

Page updated March 31, 2015