Frequently Asked Questions, Feedback and Forms


Frequently Asked Questions

These are the most Frequently Asked Questions about Civilian Relocation. Click on the links to view the questions.

See General Civilian Relocation questions here

For specific FAQs on entitlements, select the entitlement in the left side menu

5 common errors to avoid, help ensure your claim is pay ready when submitted:

  1. Include all Orders and Amendments (DD Form 1614)
  2. Make sure your signature and date as well as the Reviewers signature and date are complete on DD Form 1351-2 blocks 20 a-f.
  3. Complete the entire itinerary (block 15) on the DD Form 1351-2 using the correct codes on page 2 and including an “MC” at the end of your trip.
  4. Include SF 1199 EFT/Direct Deposit Information with each submission
  5. Be sure your email information is accurate and legible in Block 6 on DD Form 1351-2

Hold on to that... what documents do I need to keep during my move?
We strongly recommend that you save every document (i.e., receipts, bill of sale, invoices, etc.) for every incurred expense in your civilian Permanent Change of Station move; these may be needed for reimbursement and/or tax purposes. A properly completed DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher or Sub voucher) must accompany every request for payment. Be sure to keep a copy of anything you submit, as well as a copy of all settled vouchers, for your records.


Questions or comments can be submitted to Travel Pay through AskDFAS


Below you will find listed the forms utilized during the civilian relocation process. Once you click on the form link, you will be taken to the form and you may fill it out.

Complete DD1351-2 Travel Voucher

DD 1351-2 Travel Voucher

DD 1351-2C Travel Voucher Continuation

SF1199A Direct Deposit Form

DD 1614 Request for Permanent Duty or TCS Travel of DoD Personnel 

DD 1705 Application for Reimbursement (Real Estate)

DD Form 2912 Temporary Quarters AOP Subsistence Expense Claims (TQSE)

Form Request for Civilian Relocation Advance

Form Statement in Lieu of Actual Receipts

Form Statement in Lieu of Lodging Receipts

Form Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) Filing Status Certification 

Repayment of Withholding Tax Form DFAS-CO FM 62 Employee Repayment Agreement (WTA Form)

Return to Civilian PCS Home

Page updated August 23, 2022