End of Military Service PCS Travel

Defense Finance
and Accounting Service
Providing payment services of the U.S. Department of Defense

End of Military Service

Members separating or retiring from active duty are entitled to reimbursement of relocation expenses.  Read about these entitlements to be sure you complete your claim correctly.

In some cases, members use leave prior to their expiration of time in service (ETS)/Separation or Retirement date. Travel is paid to the transition point, the location where your out-processing takes place, prior to the ETS/Separation or Retirement date. All other entitlements cannot be paid until after the actual date of your ETS/Separation or Retirement.

Note:  The reviewer signature is not required.

Send your PCS travel claim to DFAS Rome.
FAX:    317-275-0277, DSN:   366-0277
MAIL:   DFAS-Rome Attn: Travel, 325 Brooks Road, Rome, NY 13441

Personally Procured Move (PPM) claims must be sent to your last Transportation Office for processing. The Transportation Office will submit your package to DFAS Rome for payment. Be sure to include all required documentation; DD1351-2, DD 2278, a copy of your orders, weight tickets and all receipts.

You must complete your travel before the 181st day (6 months) after your Separation Date on your orders. And, your travel is limited to your Home of Record (HOR) or your Place Entering Active Duty (PLEAD).

You must complete your home of selection (HOS) travel one year from the retirement date on your orders. Your travel is not limited to your HOR or PLEAD. You may claim travel to any location within the U.S. you are planning to reside after retiring.

Page updated May 26, 2015