For DFAS Employees Evacuated/Affected by Hurricane Irma
The following guidance is provided for DFAS employees ordered to evacuate:
- Follow the mandatory evacuation orders of the host installation commander and civil authorities.
- It is critical to stay in touch with your supervisor so we can account for you, confirm you are safe, and pass information to you.
During the Evacuation:
- Notify your supervisor once you’ve reached your final destination.
- You will be in a paid travel status and on paid administrative leave.
- You are entitled to use your government travel card to pay for official travel expenses which include mileage/transportation, lodging, and per diem.
- If you don't have a government card, you may use your personal credit card or cash. Keep your receipts for lodging and other authorized expenses over $75. These receipts must reflect your name.
After the Evacuation:
- DFAS will issue DD Form 1610 upon return to your duty station.
- Submit your travel voucher within five business days.
If you have questions during any stage, contact your supervisor or chain of command. Be safe!