FY2023 Marine Corps Supplementary Clothing Allowances
(Effective October 1, 2022)
DoD FMR, Vol. 7A, Chapter 29, 30, 58
|When a Marine Corps enlisted member is assigned to
||then the Supplementary Clothing Allowance to be paid in cash is
||and the frequency of payment is (Note 1)
|male Staff Non-Commissioned Officer (SNCO) White Trousers (note 2)
||only upon assignment.
|female SNCO White Skirt (note 2)
|female SNCO White Slacks (note 2)
|duty as a male student at the Naval Academy Preparatory School
|duty as a female student at the Naval Academy Preparatory School
|Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps
|Recruiter (Vinyl Cover)
|Female Marine (Pumps) Allowance
- The supplementary clothing allowances listed are, unless otherwise noted, payable upon initial assignment to a normal tour of the duties described and at the frequency specified in this table. Annual allowances will be paid upon assignment and upon each subsequent anniversary date of the initial assignment or entitlement, provided the member is projected to remain in the assignment for at 6 least additional months. Allowances to be paid as once in 3-year allowances, will be paid after 36 months from the date of any prior payment provided the individual’s condition/duties continue to require the supplementary allowance, and they are projected to remain in the assignment for at least 6 additional months. Members will be paid allowances only when first assigned to specified duty. A supplementary allowance may not be paid more frequently than once per year for similar duty, even if at different locations or commands or for subsequent recalls to active duty within 1-year, except by special authority of the Service Secretary or designee.
- This allowance is for SNCO that are required to wear the white skirt, slacks and/or trousers and is authorized once every 3 years.
- The Recruiter Commercial Vinyl Cover Allowance is for the commercial vinyl cap that recruiters are required to wear with their uniforms. A replacement is authorized once every 3 years for those who previously received a one-time automatic payment of this allowance and who are currently assigned to a specific recruiter billet military occupational specialty.
- Female Marines are authorized a replacement, once every 3 years to purchase commercial black pump dress shoes. For Active Duty, commercial black pump shoe allowance will be added to the Clothing Replacement Allowance monthly amount. For Reservists, the replacement in-kind allowance will need to be reported by the units admin sections once every 3 years.
- Bolded information reflects changes in current chart.
Page updated October 28, 2022