We know how important your pay is to you. We are committed to ensuring scheduled payments are made timely. We encourage you to use our online tools such as myPay and AskDFAS and our phone self-service tools. Our Customer Care Center representatives remain available to assist you with any additional questions you might have.

Social Security Payroll Withholding Tax Deferral

Applies to most military member and civilian employees. Find out more details here

Army/Air Force members:

DFAS would like to thank you for your patience as we strive to deliver first class customer service during these unprecedented times.  We have restored our retrieval and printing of Military Pay records operation effective May 7, 2020.  As a reminder, myPay provides access to the last 13 months of LES; therefore, we kindly ask to only request retrieval and printing of records that are not available in myPay.
Please understand due to precautionary measures implemented to protect against the spread of the Coronavirus there are still delays in our manual processing of older records as these records are maintained on microfiche and must be manually retrieved.  This impacts requests for the following periods:

            *Regular Army (Active Duty) : All prior to September 1991
            *Regular Air Force : All prior to January 1982 and the year of 1984
            *US Army and Air Force Reserves/National Guard : All prior to January 1994
If you are currently serving in the military and require older LES’s, we also ask that you submit a request through your unit who will submit on your behalf to the local finance office.
Please know that any previously submitted requests are still in progress and will be processed in the order they were received as soon as the current conditions allow. Please avoid opening new or multiple tickets for any records request you have already submitted which is still in processing as this will delay processing.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we all continue to stay safe during this pandemic.

Director, DFAS Indianapolis Military Pay



Tax Document Self-Service: Military W2 Tax Statements for tax years 2015-2019 are available.

Below are self-service options for obtaining tax statements for military members (active and reserve) and for separated military members:

  1. myPay – The fastest and most secure method is to log into your myPay account and select Tax Statement (W-2). If needed, you can also view/print your IRS Form 1095 Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage. If issued, you can also select Travel/Misc. W-2 to view/print statements reporting payments other than those in your (military/civilian) pay W-2.
  2. askDFAS – This module provides a secure online form to request tax statements for tax years 2015 through 2019. You can also enter the mailing address you want your statements delivered. This is especially important for separated members whose addresses may have changed since leaving the military. Once completed and submitted, requested tax statements are printed and mailed within 7-10 days.
  3. Call 888-332-7411 and select Option 1 (Self Service Support).  At the next prompt, select Option 1 (Tax Documents) and then Option 2 (Military W­-2).  You will be asked to enter your Social Security Number. Your tax statement will be printed and mailed within 7-10 days to the address on record.

2020 Active/Reserve Component Military Pay Table

The pay tables for 2020 Military Active Component Basic Pay and Reserve Component Drill Pay is online.

2020 Pay Day Schedules

Active Component 2020 pay days

Reserve Component 2020 pay days

Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE) for Sinai, Egypt

Effective June 9, 2015, Congress declared that the Sinai Peninsula is a qualified hazardous duty area.  Members who serve in a qualified hazardous duty area and also receive Hostile Fire Pay (HFP) or Imminent Danger Pay (IDP) while performing service in that area are entitled to CZTE. This includes service members who were assigned (Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or Temporary Change of Station (TCS)), on Temporary Duty (TDY), and/or mobilized to the Sinai.                    

If you served in this area at any time from June 9, 2015 to December 31, 2017, please bring a copy of one of these forms of substantiating documents to your finance office: (1) PCS/TCS/TDY mobilization orders, (2) the DD Form1351-2, Travel Voucher or Sub voucher, and/or the (3) Defense Travel System (DTS) voucher.  Your finance office will take action to adjust your taxable wages and issue an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W2c, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement, for June 2015 through December 31, 2017, if needed. Traditional Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) contributions may also need to be changed from tax-deferred to tax-exempt.

Starting January 1, 2018, if you serve in the Sinai, the CZTE will be processed with no action required by you.

Reserve & Guard Members: Are you drilling for points in a no-pay status? You're still responsible for your SGLI premiums. Find out how to keep your coverage up to date.

Does DFAS process your TDY or PCS travel? If you can't use Travel Voucher Direct to submit your claim, we have new email addresses you can use!

Did you have U.S. Savings Bonds in safekeeping with us? If so (and they weren't mailed to you in 2014), you can retrieve them by following steps from TreasuryDirect.

Do you access myPay from home? If you are using an older version of the Internet Explorer web browser, you will need to upgrade to a newer version of your browser in order to continue accessing myPay. Read more for more information on browser security.

The latest version of the Department of Defense Compensation and Benefits Handbook is here! If you’re a service member, caregiver or family member, download your copy to stay up-to-date on relevant benefits information.

Find it Fast

TSP for active duty Army/Navy/Air Force

TSP for reserve/Guard Army/Navy/Air Force

Service News

Marines Air Force
We're happy to provide information on this website you can use. But when you need help with your pay, benefits and deductions, visit your finance or personnel office to get answers.


Looking for information or help with your pay and allowances? The Air Force Virtual Finance site has the links, calculators, FAQs you need. There's even a tool to help you find the phone number and email address of your local Air Force finance office.


You'll need a CAC-enabled computer to access virtual Finance, but the tools and information are available 24/7. It's all on the Air Force Portal. Just look for the Life & Fitness tab, then select Money - Welcome to Virtual Finance.

Save time and eliminate the frustration of waiting for answers over the phone.


There are times when spouses, parents and even tax preparers need to talk with us regarding pay issues for our military customers. By law, we must respect the privacy of all our military members and cannot discuss any aspect of their pay unless you have a valid special power of attorney. Powers of attorney give someone the ability to act on a military member's behalf. Discuss this with your chosen representative and a member of your legal assistance team.

Page Updated September 8, 2020