All documents must include the following information.

  1. Rank
  2. Type of Service (Title 10)
  3. Character of Discharge
  4. Lost Time
  5. Beginning and End dates of service
  6. Pay entry base date (pay date) or other means of establishing total longevity, i.e., DD214 must include both prior active and inactive time or include a DD215 that does.

The following is a list of documents accepted for computing earnings.

  1. DD Form 214 (most common) (Member-4, Service-2, Service-7, Service-8 copies only)
  2. Letter from the Military Academy
  3. Academic Record of Classes for the time or years in question
  4. Any official letter on letterhead stationery and signed by a representative from appropriate government agency/unit.
  5. NA Form 13038, Certification of Military Service for the National Archives and Records Administration
  6. AF Form 1613, Statement of Service
  7. NA Form 13041, National Archive and Records Administration, Statement of Service (please provide rank and years of service)
  8. NA Form 13072, National Archive and Records Administration, Summary of Military Service (please provide rank and years of service)
  9. NA Form13165, National Archive and Records Administration (please provide dates of rank and years of service).
Page updated January 12, 3024