M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
DFAS Retired and Annuitant (R&A) Pay
DFAS R&A Pay is primarily a payroll office. We establish and maintain military retired pay, annuity accounts, and issue monthly payments to both military retirees and their eligible survivors, including the following:
- Regular and Reserve Retirement payments
- Temporary and Permanent Disability Retirement payments
- Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay
- Combat Related Special Compensation payments
- Survivor Benefit Plan
Contact DFAS R&A Pay
Department of Veterans Affair
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides services to former members of the military, not just those who are retired from the military.
If you are disabled, the VA establishes your level of disability compensation, and handles any changes or updates. These include:
- Additional (tax-free) benefit for veterans injured while in the service
- Ratings for service-connected disability codes
- Ratings for Special Monthly Compensation
- Individual Unemployment ratings
- Re-rating you if you feel your disability has increased
The VA also administers pensions, educational programs, home loans, life insurance, vocational rehabilitation, survivors’ benefits, medical benefits and burial benefits.
If you have questions or concerns about any of these topics, please contact the VA at 800-827-1000.
Branches of Service
The Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force assist in the transition from active duty to retired life and make determinations for some entitlement programs; such as Combat-Related Special Compensation.
The branches issue your retirement orders. Remember, you MUST have retirement orders from your branch of service before we can establish your military retired pay account.
Please contact your Branch of Service for assistance with the following items:
- CRSC eligibility determinations
- Applying for retirement
- Retirement orders
Page updated September 23, 2016.