Renewal Agreement Travel
Renewal Agreement Travel (RAT) is a paid trip back to CONUS when an employee completes an overseas tour, and is extended for another tour. Eligible employees and employee’s dependents are authorized transportation to the place of actual residence.
Things you need to know:
- Transportation to an alternate destination in CONUS is possible; the employee may be liable for any excess transportation costs compared to those of going back to the actual residence or alternate destination whichever is less.
- Government cost of airfare determined by SATO receipt or city pairs
- For airfare to be reimbursable to the employee:
- Individually Billed Account (IBA) must be authorized on the orders with the exception of DoDEA/DoDDS employees.
- DoDEA/DoDDS employees must refer to current command guidance for airfare reimbursement.
- Dependents can travel separately, but must be completed within 6 months of employee’s start date and employee must perform RAT for dependent’s travel to be reimbursable.
- Excess/Accompanied Baggage:
- Authorized on the orders or by the Approving Official
- Limited to 100 lbs. per person
- Weight of baggage needs to be listed on receipts or a signed statement certifying the weight of the bag(s) will be accepted
- Postage/Unaccompanied Baggage:
- Limited to 100 lbs. per person each way
- Weight of postage needs to be listed on receipts or a signed statement certifying the weight of the package(s) will be accepted
- DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher/Sub Voucher) – Be sure to review the Civilian relocation DD Form 1351-2 Voucher checklist.
- Approving Official's signature if requried
- DD Form 1614 (Travel Authorization/Orders) with all amendments
- Paid, itemized receipts
- Direct Deposit Form SF1199A
Renewal Agreement Travel Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions, check out some of the commonly asked questions.
Page updated Jan. 18, 2019