|Civilian Relocation Voucher Guide (Under Revision)||Civilian Relocation Checklist||Frequently Asked Questions||eTutorial YouTube Video Series|
Home Marketing Incentive Payments (HMIP)
Home Marketing Incentive Payment (HMIP) is intended to reduce relocation costs. Employees are encouraged to independently and aggressively market and find a buyer for their residence, see JTR 5938 for more information.
Things you need to know:
- This is a taxable entitlement with no authorization for Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) or Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) payments.
- When exercising this option, an employee is no longer eligible for real estate sale, unexpired lease or property management reimbursements.
- Maximum reimbursement cannot exceed:
- One to five percent of the price the relocation service company paid when it purchased the residence from the employee; or
- $10,000; or
- One half of the savings realized from the reduced fee/expenses paid as a result of the employee finding a bona fide buyer with whom the sale is closed.
- If no savings are realized, a home marketing incentive may not be paid.
Voucher Submission for HMIP
- DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher/Sub Voucher) – Be sure to review the Civilian Relocation Travel Voucher Guide and the Civilian relocation DD Form 1351-2 Voucher checklist.
- DD Form 1614 (Travel Authorization/Orders) with all amendments
- Information contained on the HMIP worksheet
- Include Direct Deposit From 1199A
Page updated November 30, 2017