Ready to Submit?
NEW - **DFAS can now accept your RITA claim electronically via the SmartVoucher tool.
Log in to SmartVoucher with your CAC or myPay userid and password. Select "Create New Voucher", then select "PCS" and "DoD Civilian" and you will be on your way to create and submit your RITA claim and supporting documents electronically.
Click here for a Guide to using SmartVoucher
Once you have all of your items filled out and receipts gathered, your voucher is ready to submit.
Note: You may submit vouchers anytime during the PCS move process based on the type of entitlement.
Your submission will be viewed by two people before it is formally submitted to DFAS, your reviewer and approving official. Their roles are described below.
Once your submission has been reviewed, approved and signed, use the Travel Voucher Direct link below to submit your voucher to DFAS.
Reviewers are an approving official or supervisor with knowledge of the purpose and conditions of the travel claim being reviewed to ensure:
- The claim is properly prepared
- The amounts claimed are accurate and reasonable
- The traveler attached the required documentation
- The claimed expenses were authorized and allowable
Remember: Your reviewer must sign and date the DD 1351-2. This must be on or after the traveler’s signature date
Approving Officials are appointed in writing and responsible for:
- Authorizing travel
- Approving travel claims by determining the necessity of trips and funds availability
- Approving travel claims for validity after completion of travel.
Ready to Submit? Click the Travel Voucher Direct
The following are supported/accepted document types for travel voucher submissions:
- PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx)
- JPEG Image (.jpg / .jpeg)
- TIFF Image (.tif / .tiff)
- Lotus Forms (.fdl / .xfdl)
- Excel (.xls / .xlsx)
- PowerPoint (.ppt / .pptx)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
- PNG Image (.png)
- Text (.txt)
Click below for Step 5, Need to check the status of your voucher?
Return to Civilian PCS Home
Page updated February 22, 2022