|Civilian Relocation Voucher Guide (Under Revision)||Civilian Relocation Checklist||Frequently Asked Questions||eTutorial YouTube Video Series|
Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) Pick-up and Drop-off
Allowances for POV shipment to, from, and between a CONUS post of duty and an OCONUS post of duty, as well as POV shipment between OCONUS posts of duty, are not taxable. However, expenses for transportation of an employee’s POV within CONUS are taxable.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 changed what entitlements are taxable. Most entitlements are now taxable. Find out more here.
POV drop-off and pick-up is an entitlement that allows you to be compensated for your transportation costs to drop-off and pick-up your vehicle at the authorized Vehicle Processing Center (VPC). Reimbursement includes transportation expenses only, no per diem, for one authorized traveler limited to a round trip by way of the most direct route to pick-up or drop-off your vehicle at the VPC.
Things you need to know:
- Only one authorized traveler will be reimbursed for the round trip.
- Only Transportation expenses are reimbursed and mileage is reimbursed at the permanent change of station (PCS) rate, no Per Diem is paid for POV drop-off and pick-up travel.
- There is no authority for rental car reimbursement while awaiting POV arrival.
If you are dropping off your POV en route, please indicate the drop off of you POV at the VPC in your en route itinerary.
You may be allowed to ship one or more of your POVs to a continental United States (CONUS) or outside the continental United States (OCONUS) location at the government’s expense.
Things you need to know:
- The distance shipped must be at least 600 miles.
- One vehicle may be authorized for OCONUS shipments and up to two may be authorized for CONUS.
- If you are shipping OCONUS, you need to work with your local transportation office to have your vehicle shipped through the government.
- For shipments in CONUS, contact your local transportation office to obtain a cost construction memo.
- DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher/Sub Voucher) – Be sure to review the Civilian Relocation Travel Voucher Guide and the Civilian relocation DD Form 1351-2 Voucher checklist.
- DD Form 1614 (Travel Authorization/Orders) with all amendments.
- Paid, itemized receipts.
- The government cost construction memo from your transportation office if applicable.
- Include Direct Deposit Form SF1199A
Privately Owned Vehicle Shipment Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions, check out some of the commonly asked questions.
Page updated November 30, 2018