Need help?

    There are several ways to contact DFAS Retired and Annuitant Pay.  Please include your full name, daytime phone number, social security number and signature on all written correspondence.


    "Like us" on Facebook


    For retirees:

    For annuitants,
    beneficiaries and survivors:

    For claims for
    non-receipt of payment:

    Defense Finance and
    Accounting Service
    U.S. Military Retired Pay
    P.O. Box 7130
    London, KY 40742-7130

    Defense Finance and
    Accounting Service
    U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
    P.O. Box 7131
    London, KY 40742-7131

    Defense Finance and
    Accounting Service
    Cleveland Center
    P.O. Box 998005
    Cleveland, OH 44199-1126


    Retired Pay: 800-469-6559
    Annuitant/Survivor Pay: 800-982-8459
    Claims for non-receipt of payment: 216-522-5898


    Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time. However, Monday is our busiest day, so we recommend calling Tuesday through Friday for shorter wait times.

    Toll-free: 800-321-1080 (option 1)
    Local: 216-522-5955
    DSN: 580-5955
    For Quicker Service:

    myPay Questions

    VA Related Questions

    1099R Reissue
    (Self service - PIN required)

    Please call
    800-321-1080 (option 1)
    (press 6, then 1 for assistance accessing your myPay account)

    • Press 6,1,1 to reset a suspended PIN for the IVRS phone system
    • Press 6,2,1 if you forgot your PIN for the IVRS phone system

    Please call Veterans Affairs

    You can access your 1099R using myPay. If you do not have a myPay account, request a copy by calling 800-321-1080.

    • Press 1 then,
    • Press  2 to receive a 1099R

    To speak with a Customer Service Representative, use the voice or touchtone prompts below:

    If Reporting a Death or Following-Up on a Claim,


    For questions about your retired or annuity pay account:


    • Dial 1-800-321-1080
    • Press 1,
    • Press 1 again, then 
    • Enter Social Security Number
    • Dial 1-800-321-1080
    • Press 1,
    • Press 4 then,
    • Press 0 for Operator 


    Monday is our busiest day. To speak with Customer Service, please call Tuesday through Friday.

    Automated Service

    Using our toll-free number, you can get answers to some commonly asked questions without waiting to speak to a Customer Care Representative. Automated service is available Monday through Saturday, 24 hours a day using a touch tone or rotary phone.

    Shortly after you retire, you will receive a letter containing a temporary Personal Identification Number (PIN). Use the PIN and your Social Security Number to access the IVR system. Once you have successfully entered your Social Security Number and PIN, you must change your PIN to any four numbers you like. If you do not change your temporary PIN within 120 days of the date it was assigned, it will be deactivated.

    Related Links:
    Correspondence in Languages Other Than English
    Powers of Attorney and Guardianships

    Page updated October 23, 2012