1. DFAS Home
  2. Retired Military & Annuitants
  3. Survivors and Beneficiaries
  4. Report a Retiree's Death
  5. Apply for SBP

    Apply for Survivor Benefit Plan Annuity

    If you are the designated beneficiary of a deceased military retiree's Survivor Benefit Plan, please complete the following documents to begin your SBP annuity account:
    • Verification for Survivors Annuity (DD2656-7)
      See instructions.
    • Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity (W-4P)
    • Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (SF 1199A) or International Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (SF 1199-I)
    • Child Annuitant's School Certification (DD2788), for minors or incapacitated annuitants only

    Please mail or fax completed documents to:

    DFAS - U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
    P.O. Box 7131
    London, KY 40742-7131

    Fax:  800-982-8459

    Related Links:

    Managing Your SBP Annuity
    Information for Beneficiaries

    Page updated July 9, 2012