Correct Your Address

Defense Finance
and Accounting Service
Providing payment services of the U.S. Department of Defense

Still Getting Your 1099R by Snail Mail? Then Make Sure We Have Your Correct Address!

If you choose to receive your 1099R from us in the mail, it’s important to make sure the mailing address you have on file with us is current. If you’ve moved in the past year or will be staying somewhere other than your primary residence when tax season begins, let us know by November 27, 2013, so we can send your tax documents to the right place.
If you are updating the correspondence address you have on file with us, please make sure you also update your correspondence address with the U.S. Postal Service. You must do this yourself. We cannot do it for you. If the two addresses are not the same, it can create confusion and result in a misdirected 1099R.
The quickest and easiest way to update the mailing address you have on file with us is to use myPay. If you don’t have a myPay account yet, please consult the article in this newsletter on how to create one.
To change your mailing address using myPay:
  1. On the Main Menu page, click on the Correspondence Address link.
  2. Enter the correct address.
  3. Save your changes and confirm the changes you made are correct.
  4. From the top of the page in the gray bar, you may select Main to return to the Main Menu or Exit to close out your session.
You can also use our Change of Address Fast Form or send us a written request.
Fast Forms ( ) are electronic versions of our paper forms. They are processed automatically, and they save paper and postage costs. You will receive email confirmation of your submission and your account will be updated in three to seven business days.
If you choose to mail or fax us a written request to change your address, please include both your old and new mailing address along with the effective date for the new address. Additionally, please include your name, Social Security number and signature with date on your request. Please keep in mind that it can take 30 to 60 days for us to process a written request.

Updated September 18, 2013