Three Easy Ways to Request a Duplicate 1099R

Military retirees and annuitants' 1099R tax statements will be available on myPay starting Dec. 14, 2010 and will be mailed to retirees by Jan. 15, 2011. If you do not receive a copy of your 1099R, it may be because we do not have your correct address on file. Before requesting a duplicate 1099R, please verify your address using myPay,or by calling 1-888-332-7411 (option 5).


If you do not receive your 1099R by mid-January, you can view, print or save a copy using your myPay account. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to

2. Enter your Login ID on the home page.

3. Enter your password on the virtual keyboard when prompted.

4. Access your 1099R from the "Main Menu" by clicking on the "Tax Statement" option.

5. View, print and save your tax statements. If you have trouble reading the graphic version, click on the "Text Version" link.

If you have trouble accessing myPay, call 1-888-332-7411 option 5. Customer support is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Eastern time.

If you are unable to access myPay you can request a copy using one of the following methods:

Automated Phone System:

1. Call R&A Pay at 800-321-1080.

2. Select option 4 to request a 1099R 24 hours a day, seven days a week, without waiting to speak to a customer service representative.

3. Enter your Social Security Number using your touch-tone keypad when prompted.

4. You should receive your 1099R in 7 to 10 business days.

If you have exhausted the above options or prefer to speak to a customer service representative, call us Tuesday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. EST and select option 0. In the event that call volumes are high and we are unable to serve you as quickly as we would like, you may experience a "courteous disconnect," indicating you are either being routed back to the self-service option, or requesting that you call back at another time. If this occurs, please understand that this is a required measure to ensure that callers with high priority needs are properly supported.

Written request:

1. Write us a short letter requesting a new copy of your 1099R. Include your name, Social Security Number, mailing address, signature and date.

Or complete a Request for 1099R form (DFAS 9190).

2. Fax your request to 800-469-6559 or mail it to:


Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retirement Pay
P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130


Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
P.O. Box 7131
London, KY 40742-7131

4. You should receive a copy of your 1099R in about two weeks.

Page updated April 15, 2011