Monday through Friday 

8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern

Customer Service
Contact Us Online

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do you apply for an involuntary allotment?

    A creditor may initiate this process against a military member by submitting an Involuntary Allotment Application (DD Form 2653) along with a certified copy of a final judgment issued by a civil court. We must be served with an original and two copies of the form and the judgment. The application must contain the member's full name and social security number. The creditor should mail the completed package to the following address:

    DFAS Garnishment Law Directorate
    P.O. Box 998002
    Cleveland OH 44199-8002

    Please include a return address on all correspondence, not just the mailing envelope.