Monday through Friday 

8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern

Customer Service
Contact Us Online

Information for Military Members and Reservists


Recalled to Active Duty?
Reservists with child support obligations who are called to active duty:

If you are no longer activated and are back at your non-DoD civilian job and they are collecting your child support, please contact your local support enforcement agency and ask them to send DFAS notice to terminate the order that was sent to affect your reserve pay.

We cannot stop issuing support payments from your reserve pay unless we are served with a termination. Pay statements from your non-DoD civilian job are not sufficient to stop payments.

Mobilized Reservist and Child Support (pdf):  This is the Information Memorandum regarding “Mobilization of Reservists for Military Operation Enduring Freedom.” 

Supporting Multiple Families?

Affidavit of current Family Status (pdf):  Military members and federal civilian employees who are supporting another family may complete this form and submit it to DFAS Garnishment Law Directorate. This may be submitted by fax or mailed.

Updated: Nov 6, 2017