How to Submit a Congressional Inquiry
All Congressional inquiries require:
- A completed and signed Privacy Act Release (if you need a Privacy Act Release, click here).
- Constituent’s signature with date
- Constituent’s full legal name
- Constituent’s social security number and branch of service, if applicable
- Current address
- A statement from the constituent detailing the matter they wish to have resolved.
- A power of attorney or guardianship order if the inquiry is submitted on behalf of someone else.
- If submitting an inquiry on behalf of someone else, you MUST include their social security number so we are able to research their information.
- Review the Forms and Helpful Resources page and have your constituent provide you with all the required documents, forms, and required information in order to complete the congressional inquiry package. Including all of the correct information, documents, and forms in the initial congressional inquiry submission will assist in expediting the congressional inquiry process.
DFAS Operations – Congressional Liaison Office (DFAS-JCK)
- Once you have a complete congressional inquiry package, you can submit through mail OR email:
DFAS Headquarters – Indianapolis
8899 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46249-1000
Page updated February 4, 2021