I need to correct my military record

If you believe you are the victim of an error or injustice which affects your military record, you may apply for a Correction of Military Records by completing and submitting a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Record. Submit your completed DD Form 149 to the appropriate address on page 2 of the form.

Examples of Correction:
  • Upgraded Discharge
  • Promotions
  • Retired Pay
  • Household Goods
  • Pay Date Change
  • Bonus
  • MGIB Programs
DFAS pays military members when Boards of Corrections rule in their favor.

I've requested a correction of military records

 If you received a decision from the Board and you do not agree with it, please write the Board and explain your reasoning. Reference the appropriate address on page 2 of DD Form 149. If you would like to check the status of your request contact the Board directly:

If you believe DFAS paid you incorrectly for your Correction of Record, please provide us with written documentation and a hand written signature explaining why you are protesting the amount to:

Dept. 3300 ATTN: COR/Claims
8899 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-3300

To check the status of a correction request

If you received an approved directive from one of the Service’s Board for Correction of Military Records and want to know the status of your case, please call our inquiry line at 866-912-6488 between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. EST.

Privacy Information
Contact Us