* Processing and procedures identified below are specific to DFAS Applicants only. If you are not a DFAS applicant please check with your owning/prospective Human Resources or Security Office for guidance on their suitability and security review process.
MANY OFFICES EITHER ARE CLOSED OR REQUIRE APPOINTMENTS FOR FINGERPRINTING DUE TO COVID-19. IT IS THEREFORE RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CONTACT THE FINGERPRINTING LOCATION PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
For convenience, we highly recommend fingerprinting at a DFAS site. Contact information for each DFAS site is provided in the table below.
If using a DFAS site is not feasible, complete an internet search to locate fingerprinting sites/agencies near you. Your first choice should be a federal or state government agency, local law enforcement agency, or a Veterans Administration (VA) facility (such as a VA Hospital) that will provide "courtesy fingerprints."
• There is no cost to be fingerprinted at a DFAS site. Some law enforcement agencies may charge you a fee to take your fingerprints. This fee is not reimbursable.
• Do not pay a third party agency to run a FBI/Criminal History report for you. We cannot use a third party report and you will incur unnecessary costs.
You are responsible for contacting the agency you choose to determine whether they can take your fingerprints using the SF-87 fingerprint card, the FD-258 fingerprint card or transmit fingerprints electronically.
• If the answer is “Yes,” you may use this location to have your fingerprints taken.
• If the answer is “No,” you must find another location.
If your fingerprints are taken and transmitted electronically, the location may need the following codes:
• SON: DD26
• SOI: DD26
• OPAC: 00006551
In all cases, you must bring valid identification (unexpired state ID and/or unexpired photo ID). Check with the fingerprinting agency for identification requirements.
You may request a fingerprint card from the DFAS Personnel Security Office if the agency you choose requires that you provide your own fingerprint card (SF87). Ensure that your request includes your home address or address where you wish to receive the fingerprint card. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail the completed fingerprint card to the following address:
DFAS-IN, Human Resources
DFAS Locations & Contact Information
Personnel Security Office (ZHSG, 320T)
8899 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-0301
DFAS Personnel Security Team
Phone: (216) 522-5555
Celebrezze Federal Bldg
1240 East 9th St
Cleveland OH 44199-2055
26th Floor, Room 2679
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30-3:30, except Thursdays. Thursdays we close at noon.
SAME-DAY APPOINTMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE
E-Mail: email@example.com (Provide your name and phone number)
Phone: (614) 701-5092/5103/3778/5098
3990 East Broad St
Columbus, OH 43213
(Installation Entrance is 401 North Yearling Road)
* DFAS Columbus is located at the Defense Supply Center Columbus (DSCC). DFAS Columbus performs fingerprinting electronically via LiveScan. LiveScan fingerprints are sent directly to the Department of Defense. DFAS will not provide you with a hard-copy fingerprint card.
Phone: (317) 212-4430
8899 E. 56th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46249
ID Card Office, south entrance
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 7:00-3:00
Phone: (207) 328-1116 or (207) 328-1112
27 Arkansas Rd
Limestone ME 04751-6216
Phone: (315) 709-6689 or (315) 709-6177
325 Brooks Rd
Rome NY 13441-4527
DEERS/RAPIDS: (315) 709-5296
Phone: (317) 212-7888
Current as of June 17, 2020