01234 Broadway Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46239
Day Phone: 123-456-7891
Department of ABC
Support Assistant-GS-0303-07 Hours per week- 40
03/5/2012 to present:
Draft, compose, edit and respond to FOIA correspondence conducting research on applicable directives. Utilize proper grammar, punctuation and proofreading. Respond to written and oral inquiries from requesters and other agencies. Maintain and disposition of memos, administrative documents, including reports and proposals that contain sensitive information and subject to certain privacy act requirements or audits. In depth understanding of the E-Government Act of 2002. Interpret daily to conduct Privacy Impact Assessments when collecting, maintaining, or disseminating information in identifiable forms.
- Assisted with the implementation of a FOIA automated system, which improved precision and data entry, and cut costs of paper by 95%.
- Recognized by the Director FOIA department for outstanding contributions during the planning, implementation and execution of the new automated system.
- Consulted frequently by staff and provided solutions to issues with Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and graphs.
- Assigned as the principal internal point of contact for FOIA inquires to include providing training and presentations to key personnel.
Administrative Assistant-Hours per week- 40
06/24/2010 to 3/1/2012:
Formatted and documented correspondence in accordance with the office correspondence manuals. Recorded and distributed management committee minutes. Received, identified and distributed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) inquires to appropriate department. Utilized knowledge of FOIA to verify the responses to inquiries were in compliance with law requirements. Worked efficiently and handled multiple assignments with competing priorities, often under considerable pressure to meet deadlines. Answered phones, scheduled appointments, managed calendars, and greet customers and visitors. Handle interactions with courtesy, sensitivity and respect for others.
- During fiscal year 2011, recorded, drafted, and distributed 45 minutes of executive committee meetings within 48 hours.
- Recognized by the Office Director in the developing of tickler and database systems in regards of FOIA requests.
- Received several compliments from customers and visitors for handling sensitive interactions with courtesy, diplomacy and respect.
Records Management-Student Trainee Hours per week- 26
01/17/2006 to 06/24/2010:
Processed, validated and preserved documents and records for the admissions department to satisfy accreditation, auditing, and regulatory requirements. With assistance, reviewed and verified course descriptions, course outlines and credential files for accuracy and audit readiness. Under direct supervision, managed, protected and controlled information resources and supporting information technologies. Served as liaison for the department with other areas of the college to gather information and resolve records management problems. Prepared consolidated reports of findings. Composed meeting minutes utilizing proper grammar, punctuation and proofreading to record outcomes.
- Served on working group that required applying administrative concepts, principles, and practices in evaluating and recommending new solutions on records management issues.
- Created a database to compile and manage disposition of information. Developed training materials and conducted trainings on new procedures.
- Utilized expertise on Data Management knowledge to create a standard operating procedure that encompasses the utilization of records.
Bachelor’s Degree completed in 05/30/2010
GPA: 3.25 of 4.00/Major: General Studies /Honors: Cum Laude
Bachelor of Science in General Studies degree program consisted of 124 credit hours of coursework, including liberal arts courses and a concentration in business.
Relevant Course Work:
Business Communications, Technical Writing, Systems Analysis & Design, Information & Technology Project Management, Program Logic and Design, Data Communications, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Systems, Records Management, Business Statistics, Statistics for Managers, Business Research, Business Communications and Technical Writing.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Lean Six Green Belt- October 2012
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)- November 2011
- Certified Records Manager (CRM)- July 2010
Fiscal Year 2012:
- Recent FOIA Decisions: Agency milestones- What should we be striving for?
- Processing FOIA Requests for Data Bases/Data Sets- Best Practices.
- Multi-Agency FOIA Training.
Fiscal Year 2011:
- How are we doing? Openness, Transparency, Accountability in FOIA.
- e-Discovery Tools for FOIA processing.
- The "Nuts and Bolts"- FOIA- Fees, Fee Category, Fee Waiver and expediting Processing Requests.
The completion of the Bachelors of Science in General Studies degree allowed me to acquire 4 major Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) sets to include: Information Literacy, Qualitative and Quantitative proficiency, Computer Technology and Writing.
- Developed skills in the areas of information creation, organization, and dissemination, as well as the ability to locate, access, retrieve, evaluate, and synthesize.
- Developed computer technology skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Proficient typing skills (40 Words Per Minute).
Current position allows me to apply the Knowledge of Privacy Act Information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002 and the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Utilize the Knowledge of FOIA records retention schedules and the National Archives and Records Administration regulations to perform daily duties in regards of the FOIA program.
- Fiscal Year 2012: 2 Special Act Awards; 8 Peer to Peer Awards.