Top 10 reasons to maintain your USAJOBS account
- Store up to five distinct resumes
- Store resumes, transcripts, proof of appointment eligibility, veteran’s preference or other application-related documents
- Save job searches by Agency, Occupation and Location
- Save and apply for jobs
- Monitor your application status
- Review "How to Apply" section carefully for application instructions
- Check related links for additional critical information.
- Find hints and tips on writing a good Federal resume.
- Visit the USAJOBS Help Center for Frequently Asked Questions, fact sheets and tutorials.
- Maintain current email address. USAJOBS uses email addresses to identify users. Sharing accounts may cause you to miss job opportunities.
Types of announcements
All US Citizens
Anyone, including current federal employees, can apply to these jobs. But, if you're a current federal employee and you apply to an "open to the public" job, you’ll have to compete against the general public. Your status as a federal employee does not guarantee you’ll get the job.
The federal government offers 11 unique hiring paths to help hire individuals that represent our diverse society. Some of them include veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities or students and recent graduates. Ensure you submit all of the required documentation to show your eligibility. The USAJOBS Help Center
provides information on appointment eligibilities.
Submitting an application
- Select the "Apply" button at the right side of the USAJOBS vacancy announcement.
- Sign into your personalized account or create a new one through Login.Gov. Note: your email address must not be one used by another job seeker.
- Select Resume: Select or upload current resume.
- Select Documents: Review the “required documents” information and upload or select documents.
- Review Package: Once chosen, ensure you select the "I acknowledge that I have reviewed my resume and other document(s)" before clicking on "Save & Continue"
- Personal Information: Complete the section with demographics and notification questions.
- Continue Application: Validate the truthfulness of your application information and click “Continue to Agency Site” button.
- USAJOBS will direct you to the DFAS Application Manager to verify and collect pertinent information to help you complete your application.
- Verify the personal information and choose the appropriate response that best describes your personal background, work experience, education and status to apply.
- Read the verification question and choose your response. Your resume must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
- Review and Submit: Review your application and ensure you have all documents, questionnaire answers are clearly supported by your resume, and provided all the required information.
- Click the "Submit Application" button to submit your application package.
- Monitor the status of your application package through your USAJOBS account.