DFAS financial managers provide financial oversight and analysis to Department of Defense (DoD) decision makers. As a financial management analyst at DFAS you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop budgets for submission to the Office of Management and Budget, Congress and the President of the United States
- Perform budget, trend and cash analysis for guidance and recommendations to agency leadership regarding budget preparation and execution
- Monitor systems and operations for effectiveness and compliance with DoD standards and public law
- Make recommendations for improvements and assert the validity of input and output data
- Provide customer service and guidance in finance systems and services to DoD military and civilian customers stationed around the world
As a member of our team you will receive training in federal financial management systems and processes as well as leadership, project management and Lean Six methodologies. You will also have the opportunity to pursue an advanced degree and certifications such as:
Join DFAS and enter a world where your ability to provide timely and accurate analysis is relied upon by a wide range of customers - from our warfighters around the globe to the president of the United States.
Financial Management Career Development Roadmap
DFAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, results-oriented, high-performing workforce and fostering a flexible, inclusive work environment to provide the highest level of service to our customers. We know that we are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of our society and that diverse perspectives are one of our greatest strengths.