DFAS Careers for Americans with Disabilities (DCAD)
DFAS proudly supports the recruitment, hiring and retention of talented and qualified individuals with disabilities through the DFAS Careers for Americans with Disabilities (DCAD) program. Through the DCAD program, individuals with disabilities can explore different avenues to apply for DFAS jobs and receive reasonable accommodations in the application process. Here DFAS takes a look at three Americans with disabilities who work every day to proudly serve America’s Heroes.
DFAS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to individuals with disabilities, and individuals with a psychiatric, intellectual or severe physical disability have two ways to apply for DFAS jobs.
Apply to a job announcement
DFAS job opportunities are advertised on www.usajobs.gov, the U.S. government’s official website for federal jobs and employment information. There, you can review descriptions of duties, explanation of qualifications, application instructions and the deadline to apply.
When you find a job of interest that suits your skill set, follow the application instructions carefully. Most job openings require a minimum of a resume and responses to an application questionnaire. If you are applying for a job opportunity on the basis of your disability, you must submit proof of disability documentation to be considered for the opportunity.
Apply through DCAD
Individuals whose disability has caused a barrier to employment may be considered for DFAS jobs outside of the typical hiring process by applying through the DCAD program, even if there is not a specific job opening in mind. This streamlined application process requires a resume, transcripts (if applicable), questionnaire, and documentation furnished by a licensed medical professional or vocational rehabilitation facility (also known as a Schedule A certification letter).
When applying provide the required and applicable documents below:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Required
- Schedule A certification letter (proof of disability documentation) from a licensed medical professional; or vocational rehabilitation facility; or any federal, state, District of Columbia, or US territory agency that issues or provides disability benefits. – Required
- DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (submit if claiming Veteran’s Preference--provide copy 2 or 4, which includes type of discharge (e.g. honorable, general, etc.)) – Submit, if applicable
- Veterans Administration (VA) Disability Rating Letter – Submit, if applicable
- College/University Transcripts (must be provided if qualifying based upon education in lieu of experience and/or requesting consideration for a position that has a positive education requirement (e.g. Auditor, Accountant, Contract Specialist, etc.)) – Submit, if applicable
- DCAD Questionnaire (identifies jobs and geographic areas of interest) - Required
Eligible and interested individuals can submit their application and supporting documentation here through a secure online ticketing system.
Additional information and resources:
DFAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, results-oriented, high-performing workforce and fostering a flexible, inclusive work environment to provide the highest level of service to our customers. We know that we are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of our society and that diverse perspectives are one of our greatest strengths.
Page updated July 22, 2016