Marine Corps: Helpful Hints
- Medical sufficiency letter example (insert link). Members can provide this sample letter to their caregivers to explain what information is needed in the letter they write on behalf of their incapacitated child.
- Expenses breakdown – How to determine household, personal and school expenses when filling out DD Form 137 series.
- Fill out application completely. Missing information (incomplete application) is one of the primary reasons for an unfavorable determination.
- Submit complete Dependency Application packages to include copies of court orders, birth certificates, social security cards, etc. as required.
- Submit dependent request packages through your command admin. It will then be forwarded via your command to HQMC, Military Personal Services Branch (MFP-1).
- When a dependency application package has been disapproved (for incomplete, outdated, or omission of required information), and the service member desires to resubmit, he/she must submit a new, complete BAH package, to include a current Dependency Application (NAVMC Form 10922).
- DEERS/RAPIDS officials can only confirm information on the sponsor or family member. The official cannot volunteer personal information from the DEERS record.
- Please stop in to your nearest DEERS/RAPIDS office as soon as possible to update your record when there have been changes to your personal information (loss/addition of dependent, military status, marital status, address, etc).
- If a personal identifier is entered into the DEERS database and a record is created, then the record will always remain in the DEERS database; however, the record may not necessarily be displayed on the RAPIDS software at the issuing facility.
- Confirm your DEERS information about once a year to ensure that your enrollment information is current.
Page updated Aug. 22, 2013