There are three options for contractors/vendors to return money to the government. They are listed below:
Pay.gov is a United States Treasury website that allows contractors and vendors to make secure electronic remittances to DFAS.
- Free, fast and easy to use: No cost account set up and within a few easy steps, you can pay your DFAS bills electronically in minutes.
- Secure online access: No risk of compromised account information due to lost mail or hackers.
- Convenient 24/7 access: Access Pay.gov anywhere, anytime.
- Immediate remittances: Eliminate paper checks and avoid potential interest charges by delayed mail delivery.
- Single Entry or multiple remittance options available: Create a login account and store your debit/credit card or checking/savings account information for future or recurring remittances.
See more here… PAY.GOV
Credit Gateway (EFT)
Credit Gateway (Electronic Funds Transfer – EFT) is a method of payment which allows you to send remittance via an Automatic Clearing House (ACH) credit to a DFAS approved account. Please inquire with your bank to send a Credit Gateway (EFT) to our account. Be sure to include detailed information about your remittance when submitting it for proper application of your funds.
See more here…Credit Gateway - Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Return Funds to DFAS – Non-Electronic Means
Vendors must include detailed information when returning funds to the Government in order to adjust their proper accounts.
All refund checks must include a copy of the demand letter (if applicable), the contract number and the invoice number. Vendors must make checks payable to the Finance and Accounting Officer.
There are additional requirements for MOCAS and Non-MOCAS commercial payments.
See more here… Return Funds to DFAS - Non-Electronic Means
Page updated December 30, 2015