Join DFAS and become a member of an exciting team of select individuals chosen to account for the billions of dollars spent annually by DoD. Enter a world where your professional accounting knowledge is relied upon by a wide range of customers - from our warfighters around the globe to the President of the United States. As a DFAS Accountant, you will have the opportunity to perform research, identify problem areas, determine actions to improve program effectiveness, and propose new procedures and methods.
- review and analyze a wide variety of accounting documents, reports, policies and procedures
- establish and monitor internal controls to identify problem areas, determine actions to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure the integrity of financial and accounting information
- aid in the design, development and inspection of accounting systems
- perform special audits, conduct studies, develop reports and/or analyze data to identify trends and make recommendations
As a member of our team you will receive training in federal accounting and finance systems and processes as well as other topics such as leadership, project management, and Lean Six. You will also have the opportunity to pursue an advanced degree and certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA )
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA )
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- DoD Financial Management Certification
Accounting Career Development Roadmap
DFAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, results-oriented, high-performing workforce and fostering a flexible, inclusive work environment to provide the highest level of service to our customers. We know that we are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of our society and that diverse perspectives are one of our greatest strengths.