DFAS Cleveland was originally founded in 1942 as the Bureau of Supplies and Accounts and renamed the Navy Finance Center in 1955. It has become the world center for Navy pay operations and personnel data management. The center moved from Navy to DFAS control in January 1991 and is involved in streamlining accounting and finance systems and procedures to lower costs benefiting the taxpayers.
DFAS is one of the world’s largest accounting and finance operations. Our mission is to provide the best accounting and financial services in support of the soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen who defend America and the civilian personnel supporting these efforts.
DFAS Cleveland currently has approximately 2,250 operational employees and 400 corporate employees located on 15 of the 31 floors in the Anthony J. Celebrezze (AJC) Federal Building and two floors in the North Point Building - diagonally across from the AJC Federal Building.
DFAS Cleveland site handles the following pay services:
- Navy and Marine Corps active duty pay
- Navy and Marine Corps reserve pay
- Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force military retirees pay
- Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force military annuitants pay
- Garnishment (Child support, commercial debts military and civilian cases, former spouse accounts for all branches of the military)
- Civilian pay
The address of DFAS Cleveland is Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building, 1240 East 9th Street, Cleveland OH 44199-2055. Directions to DFAS Cleveland can be found using Google.
Preparation for your first day
Your first day we ask for you to be in the lobby of the AJC Building no later than 8 a.m. Security opens the building to non-ID card holders at 8 a.m. This is when you can clear the security check point. You will need to show your driver’s license and pass through the metal detectors. From there, proceed to the high rise elevator bank (22-31) and report to room 2679 where we will greet you!
Make sure you arrive with the following:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security card, birth certificate or passport
- Your bank routing & account numbers (you may use a voided check) to sign-up for direct deposit
- If you have prior military service, a copy of your DD214
- Completed forms. You can find the list of forms here. All forms are required except the Term/Temp Appointment and Retired Military/Reserve Category forms. Only complete these forms if they apply to you.