Benefits of Using myPay for Annuitants
Many annuitants are missing out on the benefits of using myPay, our online pay management system.
myPay provides convenient access to a range of information about your payments, and lets you easily update your account information and submit your annual certification. And when you have an email address in myPay, you can receive important email messages from DFAS about your pay account and information from your loved one’s branch of service.
myPay is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week using your computer or your mobile device browser at:
Using myPay you can:
- View, print or download your Annuitant Account Statements (AAS)
- View, print or download your current IRS Form 1099-R and up to two prior years
- View, print or download your current IRS Form 1042-S and up to two prior years
- Change your federal tax withholding
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Submit your Report of Existence (ROE)
- Change your mailing address
- Change your direct deposit information
- Update your email address
With an email address in myPay, you can:
- Receive an email when your 1099R is available
- Receive email notifications from DFAS about your annuity payments or account
- Receive email notifications about branch of service news and events
- Reset your myPay password online
Any military annuitant who is receiving annuity pay through DFAS can use myPay. To set up your myPay access for the first time, request a temporary password:
A-Go to mypay.dfas.mil
B-Click “Forgot or Need a Password?”
C-Enter your Social Security Number and click the “Yes” button on the bottom right.
D-Choose “mail to my address of record with Annuitant” and click “Send me a Password.”
You should receive your temporary password in 10 business days by mail. Once you receive your temporary password, go to mypay.dfas.mil and select “Create an Account” or “Start Here.” You’ll be asked to enter your Social Security Number and temporary password. Follow the on-screen prompts to log in to myPay and set up your profile.
If you need assistance with your myPay account, please call DFAS’ customer care center toll-free at 1-888-332-7411 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. eastern).
There is a large menu of Frequently Asked Questions with answers on how to use myPay at:
You can browse additional Frequently Asked Questions with answers or submit a question of your own using AskDFAS at:
There are also helpful videos on using myPay on DFAS’ YouTube channel. To get there, go to DFAS.mil and click on the YouTube icon in the upper right corner or go to YouTube.com and search for “DFAS.”
Page last updated on March 20, 2019