Top errors on vouchers
Submitting incomplete or inaccurate travel vouchers can prevent you from receiving all payments you are entitled to. Avoid the following common errors:
- Itinerary not filled out correctly or completely (block 15) on the DD Form 1351-2
- Missing Claimant signature or date in blocks (20 a & b) of the DD Form 1351-2
- Missing Reviewer signature or date in blocks (20 c, d & f) of the DD Form 1351-2
- Receipts do not show a zero balance or state “paid in full”
- Missing supporting documentation such as receipts for lodging or any expense of $75 or more
- Excess Baggage is not authorized on the orders. Please note that in order to be reimbursed for ANY baggage fees charged by an airline, Excess Baggage Authorized MUST be included on the orders.
- IBA (Individually Billed Account) is not authorized on the travel orders
- Documents submitted for processing are illegible
- Documentation submitted is missing orders, amendments, or roster
- Accounting line provided on travel voucher is missing or invalid
Don’t throw out that receipt just yet, but if you did – we can help!
Did you return from a TDY and discover that you have misplaced an important receipt needed to properly file your Travel Voucher?
Completing a Statement In Lieu of Lodging or Statement in Lieu of Actual Receipts can allow you to be reimbursed for your TDY expenses, even if you lost your original receipt. In the event that you lost your original receipt, complete the appropriate statement in lieu of form and submit with your DD1351-2.