1. DFAS Home
  2. TDY Travel


The Reserve Traveler
Read the April issue of the online newsletter for Reservists and National Guard members. Filling out the DD 1351-2 form can be confusing, trust this newsletter to bring you relevant information that makes the process easier. Watch for future issues to get advice on making sure your travel claim gets paid accurately and on time!

Advice of Payment Statement sent by email
As of April 1, travel pay Advice of Payment statements will be delivered graphic of email envelope with arrow and text "new message"by email the same day payment is made. No more waiting on the mail! No more hard-copy statements! Be sure to include a valid email address on your DD 1351-2 travel voucher. Your Advice of Payment statements are also available on myPay.

Filling out your DD 1351-2 travel voucher?
We are here to help. Visit your Defense Military Pay Office for assistance. You may see ads for help in completing your voucher but why spend money when your DMPO or DFAS Care Centers can do the same for free?  Also, use this checklist to make sure you’ve included the required information on your 1351-2. Be cautious when using a service not affiliated with DFAS. 


SmartVoucher logo linking to the application that makes filling out the 1351-2 travel voucher easy.Need to fill out your travel voucher, DD Form 1351-2? Use the SmartVoucher interactive application! We've made it easier for Army active, Reserve and mobilized National Guard Soldiers to complete the temporary duty (TDY) voucher error-free. You'll need your mypay username and password to get started. SmartVoucher applies to vouchers that are not processed in the Defense Travel System (DTS).

Defense Travel System

Confused about when to use DTS?
Active duty Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard members on temporary duty assignments are to use DTS, unless that assignment was in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area. Read more...


We serve active duty soldiers and civilian employees with the Army submitting TDY vouchers.

Learn how to submit a voucher and about entitlements you may qualify for from the list below:
How to complete a voucher
Top errors on vouchers
Frequently Asked Questions
Travel on Evacuation Orders


We serve deployed/mobilized Army Reserve and National Guard members supporting Contingency Operations in a combat zone and Wounded Warriors, their family members and support personnel submitting TDY vouchers.

Learn how to submit a voucher from the list below:
Top errors on vouchers
The Reserve Traveler Newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions


We process TDY vouchers for the following units in the Navy's Working Capital Fund and Revolving Fund:

Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC)
Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) - China Lake
Naval Reserve Officers Training Corp (NROTC)
Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) - Crane Division
Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) - Dahlgreen Division
Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC - Newport)
Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC - Keyport)
Space & Naval Warfare Systems (SPAWAR)


We process TDY travel vouchers for the following agencies:
  • Defense Commissary Agency (DECA) 
  • Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
  • Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
  • Defense Finance and Accounting Service - Japan (DFAS-JAPAN)
  • Defense Technology Information Center (DTIC)
  • Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) 
  • Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS)


How to complete a voucher
Regulations and allowances