800-321-1080, Option 1
M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
How to Create Your myPay AccountTo get started on myPay, use these instructions.
Request a Temporary Password1. Go to https://mypay.dfas.mil
2. Click “Forgot or Need a Password?”
3. Enter your Social Security Number and click “Yes” button on the bottom right
4. Choose “mail to my address of record with Military Retired” and click “Send me a Password.” Or if you have a valid email address in myPay, you can choose to have it emailed to you.
Create a Permanent Password and Login ID1. After you receive your temporary password, return to myPay and click “Create an Account”
2. Enter your Social Security Number and temporary password, and click “Accept/Submit”
3. You will be prompted to create a permanent Login ID and password.
4. Select eight security questions that you can answer later if you forget your password and need to reset it. Click “Submit Questions.”
5. Answer each question and click “Submit Answers.”
6. Select “Main” in the upper right corner of the page to begin using myPay.
If You Do Not Receive a Temporary Password1. You should receive your temporary password in 10 business days by mail or 2 hours by email.
2. If you don’t, you will need to have your mailing address updated.
3. Review our instructions for updating your address.
4. Once your address is corrected, request another temporary password using the steps above.
Back to the December Newsletter
Page updated March 23, 2015