1. DFAS Home
  2. Retired Military & Annuitants
  3. Manage Your Retirement
  4. Change of Address

    Change of Address

    There are three ways you can update your mailing address.


    Keep Your Account Current

    Failing to notify us of a change of address or banking information can result in missing payments.

    When to Update Your Account 
    Suspension of Pay
    The quickest and easiest way to update your mailing address is to use myPay.  If you have trouble logging in to myPay, use the troubleshooting instructions on our homepage or call 888-332-7411.

    1. After logging in, find the Correspondence Address link on the Main Menu
    2. Enter the correct address
    3. Save your changes and close the screen or use the link at the top of the page in the gray bar to return to the main menu
    4. Your account will be updated in three to seven business days

    Fast Form

    Fast Forms are electronic versions of our paper forms. They save you money and time.

    1. Complete and submit a Change of Address Fast Form (DD 2866).
    2. If you have questions, please see the supplemental instructions
    3. You will receive email confirmation of your submission
    4. Your account will be updated in three to seven business days

    If you do not receive confirmation of receipt from DFAS within 48 hours of submitting your Fast Form, please call 800-321-1080.

    Paper Form

    Complete a Retiree Change of Address/State Tax Withholding Request (DD2866) and mail or fax it to:

    For retirees: For annuitants, beneficiaries and survivors
    Defense Finance and Accounting Service
    U.S. Military Retired Pay
    P.O. Box 7130
    London, KY 40742-7130

    Fax: 800-469-6559
    Defense Finance and Accounting Service
    U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
    P.O. Box 7131
    London, KY 40742-7131

    Fax: 800-982-8459

    Please keep in mind that it can take 30-60 days for us to process a paper form.
    Page updated October 11, 2012