Top Errors on Military PCS Travel Vouchers
Incomplete or inaccurate vouchers delay or prevent payment. Avoid these common errors:
- Inaccurate / incomplete administrative information on DD 1351-2 (Blocks 1-14).
- Missing orders (attachments, endorsements, amendments, etc.)
- Incomplete itinerary on DD 1351-2 (Block 15)
- Missing traveler’s official signature & date (Block 20 a-b)
- Missing Reviewer/Approving official signature & dates (Block 20 c-d)
- Incomplete type of payment (Block 5)
- Missing the amount of advances received (Block 9)
|Personal Vehicle Use:||When using a personal vehicle, be sure to complete Box 16 of Form DD 1351-2|
|Lodging Costs:||Submit all receipt copies for lodging costs, |
regardless of amount.
|Expenses $75 or more:||Submit all receipts for all expenses incurred |
for $75.00 or more
|Accruals/Advances:||Submit data related to all previous accruals/advances received from finance offices (non-submission of previous payment data will result in payment delay).|
|Form DA 31 Leave Form:||Complete this form (or leave must be annotated |
on the DD 1351-2)
|Statement of Non-Availability:||Stayed in a commercial hotel due to unavailability of quarters on base? Include this statement to receive reimbursement for commercial lodging and meals.|
|Authorized TDY:||If you are authorized TDY en route, please ensure that your orders reflect accurate and complete TDY information.|
|Separate Orders:||Although your TDY en route information should be included on your PCS order, sometimes you may receive separate orders. Submit copies of any/all orders received. |
|Direct Deposit Information: |
|Only submit SF 1199 if your financial institution changed since your last TDY or PCS move. |
- Select all applicable payment types in Block 5 of the DD 1351-2 to make sure you receive all authorized entitlements.
- You must select "DLA" in Block 5 if you received this type of advance.
- List the amounts of all previous advances in Block 9 on the DD 1351-2. If you did not receive a travel advance, put "None" in Block 9.
Note: Failing to do any of these could result in a debt to the government and possible payroll deductions.