Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)
TLE is intended to partially pay for lodging and meal expenses when a member/dependent(s) must occupy temporary quarters in CONUS due to a PCS.
- TLE Reimbursement is limited to 10 days for a member who completes a PCS to a CONUS PDS (Permanent Duty Station).
- TLE Reimbursement is limited to 5 days for a member who completes a PCS to an OCONUS PDS.
- Members completing a PCS to Fort Drum, NY between 20 Mar 2008 – 31 Dec 2011 are authorized a maximum of 60 TLE days,
- Members completing a PCS to Fort Bliss, TX between 19 Mar 2010 – 18 Mar 2013 are allowed a maximum of 60 TLE days.
- When submitting for TLE Reimbursement, you must include an itemized zero-balance lodging receipts and a Statement of Non-Availability if staying off post
Need additional information?
More information can be found in Chapter 5: Permanent Duty Travel, Part H: TLE within CONUS of the Joint Federal Travel Regulations or contact your local Defense Military Pay Office (DMPO).