1. DFAS Home
  2. PCS Travel
  3. Entitlements
  4. Do-It-Yourself / Personally Procured Moves

Do-It-Yourself or Personally Procured Moves (DITY/PPM)

Before submitting your DITY/PPM claim, be sure to include all necessary documentation and verify your mailing address, date and signature on the DD 1351-2 and DD 2278 forms are correct.  Review the instructions on how to complete the DD1351-2 for DITY/PPM Moves. Necessary documents include:
  • DD 1351-2: Travel Voucher
  • DD 2278: Application for DITY Move &Counseling Checklist
  • Copy of PCS Travel Orders
  • Certified Weigh Tickets, one for Gross (full) weight and one for Tare (empty) weight.  Please tape each ticket to a piece of paper
  • Copy of Paid Rental Agreement
  • Copy of vehicle registration when utilizing POV and/or boat/trailer

Common Operating Personal Expenses (OPE)
The following expenses are authorized:

  • Truck/trailer rental
  • Cost of packing materials
  • Packing blankets & furniture pads rental
  • Hand truck rental
  • Gas, oil, and tolls for rental truck

The following are NOT authorized expenses:

  • Tow dolly
  • Auto transportation
  • All insurance fees
  • Sales tax
  • Meals and lodging
  • Gas in second vehicle

Incentive Pay:

Military moves are not taxable unless you receive incentive pay.  You will be mailed a W-2 on the incentive pay amount for the tax year you received the payment.  This type of W-2 is not available on myPay.

Still have questions? Please see your Transportation Office for assistance.