1. DFAS Home
  2. PCS Travel
  3. Entitlements
  4. Dislocation Allowance

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

DLA is used to partially reimburse you for expenses incurred relocating your household on a PCS.   DLA can be paid in advance of a PCS move.

DLA Rate with Dependents: If you, on the PCS order effective date, have dependents authorized transportation ICW the PCS, you will be reimbursed using the DLA rate with Dependents. To receive this rate, you must complete Box 13 on the DD 1351-2, Dependents’ Address on Receipt of Orders.

DLA Rate without Dependents: If you don’t have dependents or if you are not authorized travel and transportation allowances for travel of a dependent(s) under a PCS, or you have dependent(s) authorized, but the dependent(s) do not relocate under a PCS, you will be reimbursed using the DLA Rate without Dependents.

Determining DLA Rates: DLA Rates can be found on the DoD Per Diem, Travel and Transportation Allowance Committee’s website: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/dla.html

Need additional information?
More information can be found in Volume 1, Chapter 5: Permanent Duty Travel, Part G: DLA of the Joint Federal Travel Regulation or contact your local Defense Military Pay Office (DMPO).